This is an adapted version of our evidence-based ‘Time Out for Special Needs’ course and has attachment theory underpinning all modules. It is aimed at parents/carers of children who have experienced trauma and have special needs and/or disabilities.
This course is open to adoptive parents, special guardians, foster carers, kinship carers etc. living in Reading, Wokingham or West Berkshire.
Topics covered include:
- Key themes are:
- Impact of trauma
- Understanding SEND
- Symptom overlap with ASD/ADHD
- Building blocks of Attachment
- Understanding & managing behaviour
- Stress & resilience
- Life story work
- School issues for LAAC, EHCP, Pupil Premium etc.
- Secondary trauma to carers
Please note: All our courses and workshops are only suitable for Parents/Carers. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide childcare, or accommodate children.