For all Berkshire families who are foster carers, adoptive parents, special guardians or kinship carers and looking after children and young people with Special Educational Needs or Disabilities.
Topics covered include:
- Topic based workshops
- Questions & Answers
- Opportunity to talk to other parents and carers
Autumn 2017 Workshops:
- 2nd October – Introduction to creating Life Story Books
- 6th November – Strategies for reducing anxiety in LAAC
- 4th December – Strategies for emotional regulation in LAAC
Spring 2018 Workshops:
- 8th January – Emotional Regulation Part 1 – Reducing anxiety in LAAC
- 5th February – Emotional Regulation Part 2 – Calming through the senses
- 5th March – Working with Schools – Effective strategies for LAAC settling and learning
Two workshops on each date: 10:30am – 12:30pm, and repeated: 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Summer 2018 Speaker Event:
- 10th May – The Challenges of Social Media for children and young people separated from birth families. We are delighted to welcome Helen Oakwater to deliver this 3 hour seminar on a much requested topic. Helen is an adoptive parent, coach, trainer, speaker, author of ‘Bubble Wrapped Children’ and founder of ‘FAB Parents’. This event is free for Berkshire families and £20 per person for non-Berkshire families.
Please note: All our courses and workshops are only suitable for Parents/Carers. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide childcare, or accommodate children.