For all Berkshire families who are foster carers, adoptive parents, special guardians or kinship carers and looking after children and young people with Special Educational Needs or Disabilities.
Topics covered include:
- Topic based workshops
- Questions & Answers
- Opportunity to talk to other parents and carers
Spring 2018 Workshops:
- 8th January – Emotional Regulation Part 1 – Reducing anxiety in LAAC
- 5th February – Emotional Regulation Part 2 – Calming through the senses
- 5th March – Working with Schools – Effective strategies for LAAC settling and learning
Summer 2018 Workshops:
- 11 June – Managing the stress of caring: strategies for managing stress, which will enable us to continue providing the therapeutic caring that our children need
- 2 July – Conversations that matter: talking with children and teenagers in ways that help, based on the work of Margot Sunderland
Two workshops on each date: 10:30am – 1:00pm, and repeated: 7:00pm – 9:30pm (if there are enough bookings)
Summer 2018 Speaker Event:
- 10th May – The Challenges of Social Media for children and young people separated from birth families. We are delighted to welcome Helen Oakwater to deliver this 3 hour seminar on a much requested topic. Helen is an adoptive parent, coach, trainer, speaker, author of ‘Bubble Wrapped Children’ and founder of ‘FAB Parents’. This event is free for Berkshire families and £20 per person for non-Berkshire families.
Please note: All our courses and workshops are only suitable for Parents/Carers. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide childcare, or accommodate children.