A series of three linked pre- and post-assessment workshops for parent/carers of children and young people who are waiting for an assessment for ADHD, or who have recently been diagnosed with ADHD.
These workshops are open to all parents/carers who live in Berkshire or whose child attends a Berkshire school, who:
- Have a child who is on the waiting list to be assessed for ADHD or
- Have a child who has just been diagnosed as having ADHD and
- Have NOT previously attended a Time Out from ADHD course with Parenting Special Children (PSC)
Parents/carers must attend the Introduction to ADHD workshop first, and it is recommended that parents attend all workshops in the series.
Topics covered include:
Introduction to ADHD
- What is ADHD?
- Challenges & concerns
- Strengths and opportunities
- Signposting to support
Anxiety and ADHD
- What is anxiety?
- What is the relationship between ADHD and anxiety
- Coping strategies for children/young people and parents/carers
Managing ADHD Behaviours
- Attention Deficit Behaviours
- Hyperactive Behaviours
- Impulsive Behaviours
- Behaviour Management Strategies
We also run a Sensory Processing Workshop, which might be of interest.
This service was commissioned by the CCGs, part of the NHS.
Please note: All our courses and workshops are only suitable for Parents/Carers. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide childcare, or accommodate children.