- This event has passed.
“Who’s in Charge?” – Child/Adolescent to Parent Violence and Abuse – Slough
An 8 week course providing a therapeutic approach for Slough Borough Council parents/carers of children and young people (aged 8 – 16) who are violent or aggressive. This is for parent/carers who have attended previous training but are still having great difficulties.
We have a few places available, on a first-come first-served basis, for non-Slough Borough Council residents.
- Provide a supportive environment to share experiences and ideas
- Reduce the guilt and shame which most parents feel
- Offer ideas to help you develop individual strategies for managing your child’s behaviour
- Explore ways of increasing safety and well-being
- Help parents feel more in control and less stressed
1) Introductions and “Who’s in Charge?” course outline
2) Influences and “Causes” of violent and abusive behaviours
3) Child: Controlling and Abusive Behaviours
4) Parent: Behaviour Management Options
5) Styles of Parenting
6) Child & Parent: Exploring the Concept of Anger
8) Self-care, Resilience and Maintenance
9) One session review after 3 months (date to be decided during the course)
Dates: All Monday evenings: 6.45pm to 8.45pm: 28th Jan, 4th & 11th Feb, (half term break), 25th Feb, 4th, 11th, & 25th March, 1st April. Session 9 follow up date to be confirmed.
The course starts on 28th January but clients may book and join on 4th February if they are not able to attend any sooner.
Cost: £20 per person (Slough Borough Council residents). £40 per person (non-Slough Borough Council residents).
This workshop will be lead by PSC specialist parenting practitioners Lyn Oualah and Denise Challis.
Please note that we cannot accommodate children at this event.
- Monday 28 January 2019
6:45 pm - 8:45 pm
Arbour Park Stadium
Slough, Berkshire SL2 5AY United Kingdom