Parenting Special Children are able to put together a bespoke training course to meet the particular needs of your organisation, or your service users.
If you’re looking for training for your staff and volunteers, or your service users on any aspect of understanding or parenting children with additional needs, we can help you. We can design a one-off workshop or a training series covering a variety of topics, including:
- Special Needs (in general)
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder)
- Diagnosis and Assessment
- Looked After and Adopted Children
- Attachment Disorders
- Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties
Some examples of PSC services that have been purchased in the past year:
- A local specialist school purchased a bespoke 1:1 parenting clinic programme. Four of their families with very complex needs were provided with five 1:1 parenting clinics covering a range of topics including challenging behaviour, sleep difficulties and anxiety.
- Reading Families Forum have purchased our schools workshops for parent/carers of pupils with additional needs. These workshops have been held in more than 20 Reading schools and have covered topics such as sensory issues and anxiety.
- A Scout Group in Berkshire West have purchased a bespoke training course for their leaders on best practice in successful inclusion of children and teenagers with ADHD.
- A Reading-based foster care association purchased four topic based workshops including ‘Sleep issues with Looked After Children (LAC)’ and ‘Secondary Trauma’ for their foster carers.
To contact us about your requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.