There are many ways that you can support
Parenting Special Children
Business and Corporate Support
Partnering with Parenting Special Children is a fantastic way for your business to give back to the local community. We are a Berkshire charity looking to raise our annual target of £250,000. Business and corporate support is vital in helping us to help over 2500 families whose children have Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) each year.
Parenting Special Children Partnership
How we can support you and your employees:
- Corporate Social Responsibility Research has shown that donating to charity is good for employee morale, gives your employees the ‘feel good factor’ whilst exploring the tax deduction opportunity for your business.
- Social Media We will publicize our partnership through our fundraising newsletters and social media.
- Support for your employees A high percentage of your team will either know a family member or be a parent of a child with special needs. We can offer bespoke workshops helping your employees to understand their child’s diagnosis, giving practical knowledge and strategies to improve family life. A percentage of your employees will have a diagnosis of their own, we can offer awareness sessions for ADHD, Sensory Processing and Autism helping to promote understanding within your teams.
How your business can help us:
- Adopt Parenting Special Children as your charity of the year, we can help with fundraising ideas from quizzes, cake bakes to inter office friendly competitions. We also hold an annual ball, a chance to buy a table for your team and/or customers, or sponsor part of the evening.
- Challenge your team, climb the 3 peaks, run a half marathon or cycle from Reading to Brighton. Your team will bond whilst raising money through sponsorship and awareness of the issues facing families whose children have Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- Offer items or vouchers for a raffle or to use on a fundraising stall.
- Utilize your volunteering hours to upskill/support our staff team and volunteers. We are particularly interested in marketing skills and graphic design.
- Donate to our Covid-19 appeals
We are taking part in the Reading Community Lottery. Please choose Parenting Special Children as your cause, good luck!
The Big Give Christmas Challenge 2021
During Covid-19 our community supporters, like Reading Roadrunners, have used innovative ways such as virtual relays, quizzes, rainbow colour runs, and find the letter runs to raise almost £10,000. Thank you to all our community supporters and Reading Roadrunners! We also hold an annual fundraising ball in November.
Could you walk, run, jump out of a plane, or take on an Ultra Challenge for Parenting Special Children?
Are you looking for a new challenge to help fundraise for Parenting Special Children? Take part in a unique event with the Twilight Runway Challenge.
Run, walk, cycle, skateboard or rollerblade around the 3k, 5k or 10k route at Blackbushe Airport on 11th September. Sign up at www.twilightchallenge.co.uk
Family discounts may be available – email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information before booking.
Parenting Special Children rely on the support of our wonderful fundraising volunteers to help with stalls at community events. Not only do we raise vital funds but also the profile of the charity in the local community. We are always looking for more supporters with new ideas!
For more information contact Tess@parentingspecialchildren.co.uk
Every donation helps us to reach our target of £250,000. During 2020 we supported 2581 families; from March to Mid-June during the Covid-19 crisis we supported 1004 families through our Helpline, Workshops, One to One online help, Sleep Clinics including assessment and individual child sleep plan and support groups.
There are several ways to donate including a one off donation or a monthly subscription. Donations to The Good Exchange can be match funded and Gift Aid added. Click ‘The Good Exchange’ and the ‘Local Giving’ logos below to make a donation.
What your gift could provide:
£10 – A course Handbook for a family
£25 – One to One direct support for a family via our Helpline
£75 – Cost of a parent/carer attending a sleep workshop
£100 – 2 family sessions with a PSC Professional Practitioner
Donate as you shop
Shop at smile.amazon.com and Amazon will donate 0.5% of eligible purchases to your favorite charitable organization—no fees, no extra cost!
Help local families, give back to your local community, support Parenting Special Children and make a positive life changing difference to a vulnerable family.
Thank you to all our supporters