Children with experiences of insecure attachments need a different kind of parenting/caregiving. Based on the work of respected children and family practitioners from across the world, we offer three different Attachment Focused Parenting/Caregiving courses for parents/carers of children affected by trauma through adverse childhood experiences.
- Attachment Focused Parenting/Caregiving for adopters, long-term foster carers and kinship carers
- Attachment Focused Caregiving for short-term foster carers
- Attachment Focused Re-Parenting for birth parents of children affected by adverse early life experiences
- Key themes are:
- Impact of trauma
- Symptom overlap with neurological conditions (Autism/ADHD etc)
- Attachment theory
- Avoiding and managing stress
- Understanding & managing behaviour
- Life story work
- Working positively with schools
- Secondary trauma to parents/carers
Please note: This course is only suitable for Parents/Carers. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide childcare, or accommodate children, unless otherwise stated.
Covid Precautions: Please do not attend if you/your child or any other member of your household is unwell. All adults and secondary school age children are required to do a lateral flow test 48 hours prior to attending a PSC event, and test negative. Please note we will check your temperature on arrival. Anyone found to have a high temperature or displaying signs of being unwell will not be able to join in.