A series of three linked pre- and post-assessment workshops for parent/carers of children and young people who are waiting for an assessment for Autism, or who have recently been diagnosed with Autism.
These workshops are open to all parents/carers who live, or whose child attends a school, in Berkshire and who:
- Have a child who is on the waiting list to be assessed for Autism or
- Have a child who has just been diagnosed as having Autism and
- Have NOT previously attended a Time Out from Autism course with Parenting Special Children (PSC)
Parents/carers must attend the Introduction to Autism workshop first, and it is recommended that parents attend all three workshops in the series.
Topics covered include:
Introduction to Autism
- What is Autism?
- Challenges & concerns
- Strengths and opportunities
- Signposting to support
Anxiety and Autism
- What is anxiety?
- Why it makes sense to be anxious if you’re autistic
- Top strategies to support you and your child
Behaviour and Autism
- Challenging behaviour: distressing or in distress?
- Becoming a detective
- There is always a reason
- Top strategies to help you and your child
This service was commissioned by the CCGs, part of the NHS in the west and east of Berkshire.
Details of all Autism Support Services for Families in West Berkshire can be downloaded from here.
Please note: These workshops are only suitable for Parents/Carers. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide childcare, or accommodate children.