An 8 week course providing a therapeutic approach for Berkshire parents/carers of children and young people (aged 8 – 18) who are violent or aggressive.
- Provide a supportive environment to share experiences and ideas
- Reduce the guilt and shame which most parents feel
- Offer ideas to help you develop individual strategies for managing your child’s behaviour
- Explore ways of increasing safety and well-being
- Help parents feel more in control and less stressed
We would encourage partners to attend the course together where possible. Accompanying partners receive a free place on the course.
If you feel that you need the support of your family worker/social worker, or another professional, to attend with you, you must add their details to the booking form.
1) Introductions and “Who’s in Charge?” course outline
2) Influences and “Causes” of violent and abusive behaviours
3) Child: Controlling and Abusive Behaviours
4) Parent: Behaviour Management Options
5) Styles of Parenting
6) Child & Parent: Exploring the Concept of Anger
8) Self-care, Resilience and Maintenance
9) One session review after 3 months (date to be decided during the course)
Please note: This course is only suitable for Parents/Carers. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide childcare, or accommodate children unless otherwise stated.