- This event has passed.
Supporting Autistic children/young people with suicidal thoughts – Reading
Two linked workshops for parents/carers of children and young people with Autism (diagnosed or awaiting assessment), who live, or attend a school, in Berkshire.
Topic based workshops covering:
Session one (5 February 2020)
- What does research tell us about suicidality in autistic children and young people?
- Risk factors
- Looking at suicidality in autistic children and young people from a holistic perspective
- School, family, wider society
Session two (12 February 2020)
- Support strategies to reduce suicide risk and enhance wellbeing
- Looking at existing suicide prevention resources that might work best for autistic children and young people
Cost: £20 per person.
These workshops will be led by PSC specialist parenting practitioner Jo Billington. Other areas of PSC work receive no funding at all, for example our Helpline, so we are always grateful for any donations however large or small.
Please note that we cannot accommodate children at this event.
- Wednesday 5 February 2020
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The Arcade Building
11 Glebe Road
Reading, Berkshire RG2 7AG United Kingdom