Sleep for Teens: On Demand Presentation
A 40 minute presentation for teenagers who struggle with their sleep.
Topics covered include:
- Why do teens need sleep?
- What happens when they don’t get enough sleep?
- How much sleep should teens have?
- Common sleep problems
- How sensory processing, physical problems, social behaviours and anxiety affect sleep
- Anxiety – what is it? how does it feel? what can cause it? what can help?
- The affect that gadgets have on sleep
- Good sleep habits and tips
- Suggested sleep routine
- Accompanying booklet ‘Sleep and Anxiety for Teenagers’ available to download from the presentation page. Please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Our specialist Sleep Practitioners have all been trained by the Southampton NHS Sleep Service and have professional backgrounds in learning disability nursing, social work and teaching. Most importantly, they are also parent/carers of children and teenagers with additional needs.
Available to view on demand until 31 December 2021.
Cost: Free for the first 25 downloads then £4 per download.
(Please note that this presentation is for parent/carers to share with teenagers and not intended for professionals to share. Our funders require the answers to the specific questions on the booking form. If you are a professional please share the event details so parent/carers can book themselves).
The presentation requires a password to view which will be in your Eventbrite registration email. Please check your junk folder!
We are very grateful to Global’s Make Some Noise for funding the creation of this presentation. It is lead by specialist sleep practitioner Jennie Kettell. Other areas of PSC work receive no funding at all, for example our Helpline, so we are always grateful for any donations however large or small.
If you haven’t used Zoom before you may find this information helpful. To access the presentation click the red event button in your registration email. Please have the latest version of Zoom installed. You can download it here.
- Tuesday 20 April 2021 @ 8:00 am
- Friday 31 December 2021 @ 11:59 pm
- Bracknell Forest Council Area No Geographical Restrictions Oxfordshire County Council Area Reading Borough Council Area Slough Borough Council Area West Berkshire Council Area Windsor and Maidenhead Council Area Wokingham Borough Council Area
On Demand Presentation
PSC On Demand, United Kingdom
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.