Sleep Tips for Children and Young People (age 8+): On Demand Presentation
A 12 minute presentation for children and young people (age 8+ ).
Topics covered include:
- Why sleep is needed
- How much sleep children need for their age
- What happens if they don’t get enough sleep
- What foods are good and bad for sleep
- How gadgets/devices impact their sleep
- Activities that can be done instead of going on gadgets
- Tips for a good sleep routine, environment & to help with relaxation
Our specialist Sleep Practitioners have all been trained by the Southampton NHS Sleep Service and have professional backgrounds in learning disability nursing, social work and teaching. Most importantly, they are also parent/carers of children and teenagers with additional needs.
Available to view on demand until 31 December 2021.
(Please note that this presentation is for parent/carers to share with children and not intended for schools to share. Our funders require the answers to the specific questions on the booking form. If you are a teacher please share the event details so parent/carers can book themselves).
The presentation requires a password to view which will be in your Eventbrite registration email. Please check your junk folder!
We are very grateful to Global’s Make Some Noise for funding the creation of this presentation. It is lead by specialist sleep practitioner Jennie Kettell. Other areas of PSC work receive no funding at all, for example our Helpline, so we are always grateful for any donations however large or small.
If you haven’t used Zoom before you may find this information helpful. To access the presentation click the red event button in your registration email. Please have the latest version of Zoom installed. You can download it here.
- Tuesday 20 April 2021 @ 8:00 am
- Friday 31 December 2021 @ 11:59 pm
- Bracknell Forest Council Area No Geographical Restrictions Oxfordshire County Council Area Reading Borough Council Area Slough Borough Council Area West Berkshire Council Area Windsor and Maidenhead Council Area Wokingham Borough Council Area
On Demand Presentation
PSC On Demand, United Kingdom
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.