- This event has passed.
Transition to Adulthood Workshop: Berkshire West – Zoom
This workshop will be delivered by Parenting Special Children and Parent Forum leads from Reading, West Berkshire and Wokingham.
- To equip parents/carers to enable them to navigate the transition to adulthood and to support their young person with knowledge, skills and confidence.
- Opportunity to connect with parent forum leads in your local area who have local knowledge of transition provision.
- Opportunity to meet with other parent/carers in your local area who are navigating the transition to adulthood.
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP) for over-16s
- Employment & Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit (UC)
- Information on Autism Berkshire’s benefits service
Speaker: Kevin Jackson, Autism Berkshire benefits service manager. Kevin has many years of experience helping people with benefit applications.
Autism Berkshire’s Benefits Advice Service is available to autistic/ADHD people and co-occurring conditions and their families throughout the county, whether or not they are members of Autism Berkshire.
Date: Thursday 9th June
Time: 10am – 12pm
10am Introduction: Ruth Pearse, Parenting Special Children (lead facilitator). Including information on learning disability annual health check.
10.10 Presentation: Kevin Jackson, Autism Berkshire.
11.10 Comfort break.
11.25 Q & A.
11.55 Thank you and evaluation.
Cost: Free. Please note that you must be registered with a Berkshire West NHS GP surgery (Reading, Wokingham, West Berkshire) in order to attend. You can check your GP surgery here: https://www.berkshirewestccg.nhs.uk/about-us/primary-care/gp-practices/
This workshop is funded by the Berkshire West NHS Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), which serves Reading, Wokingham and West Berkshire and is provided as part of the Berkshire West Autism and ADHD Support Service in partnership with Autism Berkshire.
You will need a Zoom account to access this event. You can sign up here: https://zoom.us/freesignup/
Zoom will ask you to register/sign in so please allow a few minutes for this before the event starts. The event link, ID and password will be in your Eventbrite registration confirmation email. Please check your junk folder! A reminder will be sent on the morning of the event.
Many of our events have waiting lists. If you are no longer able to attend please let us know so we can offer your place to someone else.
- Thursday 9 June 2022
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Reading Borough Council Area West Berkshire Council Area Wokingham Borough Council Area
PSC Online, United Kingdom