- This event has passed.
Transitioning children with SEND into education at a time of upheaval – Zoom Webinar
A series of three linked workshops for families with children living, or attending a school, in Berkshire.
You are booking to attend all three workshops via Zoom webinar.
Dates: Wednesday 5th, 12th and 19th August
Time: 7.00pm – 8.30pm
Cost: £15 (£5 per workshop). A small number of places are available for non-Berkshire families.
Zoom will ask you to register/sign in to the webinar so please allow time for this before the webinar starts. The webinar link and event password will be in your Eventbrite booking confirmation email – click the ‘View Now’ button. You will need to use this link each week to access the session. Please check your junk folder!
Workshop: Transition (5th August)
- What are our worries and fears?
- What are we transitioning from and to?
- Managing unexpected endings and transitions
Workshops 2: Prepare and Plan (12th August)
- Communication – triangle child, parent/carer and school
- Managing fears and anxieties
- Naturalise and reduce worries and fears
- Focus on what we do have control of
- What is in our child/young person’s Coping Toolkit for home and school
- Nurturing belonging
Workshop 3: Reintroducing, Routines and Rituals (19th August)
- The importance of re-establishing routines and rituals
- What does a return actually look like?
- Gradual integration and courageous coping
- Preparing for new rules and expectations in context of our children’s strengths and limitations.
- Problem solving scaffolding to sustain coping capacity and adapting to change.
We are very grateful to those who have donated to our Covid 19 Emergeny Fund, The Good Exchange and The Greenham Trust for funding this workshop. It will be lead by PSC specialist parenting practitioner Denise Challis. Other areas of PSC work receive no funding at all, for example our Helpline, so we are always grateful for any donations however large or small.
If you haven’t attended a Zoom webinar before you may find this information helpful. We will be using the Chat function to allow you to ask questions during the workshop. The webinars are best viewed on a PC or laptop. Please have the latest version of Zoom installed. You can download the software here.
- Wednesday 5 August 2020
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Online Zoom Webinar