Who’s in Charge?: Child/Adolescent to Parent Violence & Abuse: West Berks Council Area – Zoom
This course provides a therapeutic approach for families of children and young people with special needs (aged 8 – 18) who are violent or aggressive. Please note we can only accept bookings from families with a child who lives, or attends a school, in the West Berkshire Council area.
- Provide a supportive environment to share experiences and ideas
- Reduce the guilt and shame which most parents feel
- Offer ideas to help you develop individual strategies for managing your child’s behaviour
- Explore ways of increasing safety and well-being
- Help parents feel more in control and less stressed
1) Introductions and “Who’s in Charge?” course outline
2) Influences and “Causes” of violent and abusive behaviours
3) Child: Controlling and Abusive Behaviours
4) Parent: Behaviour Management Options
5) Styles of Parenting
6) Child & Parent: Exploring the Concept of Anger
8) Self-care, Resilience and Maintenance
9) One session review after 3 months
Dates: All Wednesday mornings: 10am-12pm: 26th Jan, 2nd, 9th and 16th Feb, (no session 23rd Feb due to Half Term), 2nd, 9th, 16th and 23rd Mar. (Follow up session: expected June 2022).
Cost: £20 per person. Please note we can only accept bookings from families with a child who lives, or attends a school, in the West Berkshire Council area.
We would encourage partners to attend the course together where possible. Accompanying partners receive a free place on the course. If you feel that you need the support of your family worker/social worker, or another professional, to attend with you, you must add their details to the booking form.
This course was commissioned and funded by Adult and Community Learning West Berkshire Council and will be lead by specialist parenting practitioners Denise Challis and Helen Cattermole.
After booking a ticket you must complete a West Berkshire Council Community Learning enrolment form. You can do so here: https://www.westberks.gov.uk/communitylearningenrolment
You will need a Zoom account to access this event. You can sign up here: https://zoom.us/freesignup/
Zoom will ask you to register/sign in so please allow a few minutes for this before the event starts. The event link, ID and password will be in your Eventbrite registration confirmation email – click the red event button. Please check your junk folder! A reminder of the login details will be sent on the day of each session.
The events are best viewed on a PC or laptop. Please have the latest version of Zoom installed. You can download the software here: https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting
- Wednesday 26 January 2022
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- West Berkshire Council Area
PSC Online Event, United Kingdom