“Who’s in Charge?”: Child/Adolescent to Parent Violence and Abuse (APVA): Berkshire – Zoom
An 8 week course providing a therapeutic approach for Berkshire parents/carers of children and young people with special needs (aged 8 – 16) who are violent or aggressive.
- Provide a supportive environment to share experiences and ideas
- Reduce the guilt and shame which most parents feel
- Offer ideas to help you develop individual strategies for managing your child’s behaviour
- Explore ways of increasing safety and well-being
- Help parents feel more in control and less stressed
1) Introductions and “Who’s in Charge?” course outline
2) Influences and “Causes” of violent and abusive behaviours
3) Child: Controlling and Abusive Behaviours
4) Parent: Behaviour Management Options
5) Styles of Parenting
6) Child & Parent: Exploring the Concept of Anger
8) Self-care, Resilience and Maintenance
9) One session review after 3 months (date to be decided during the course)
Dates: All Monday evenings: 7-9pm: 25th January, 1st and 8th February, break for Half Term, 22nd February, 1st, 8th,15th and 22nd March. (Follow up session: expected June 2021).
Cost: £20 per person. Please note we can only accept bookings from parent/carers with a child who lives, or attends a school, in Berkshire.
This workshop will be lead by PSC specialist parenting practitioners Denise Challis and Helen Cattermole.
We are very grateful to Berkshire Community Foundation for funding this event.
You will need a Zoom account to access this event. You can sign up here: https://zoom.us/freesignup/
Zoom will ask you to register/sign in so please allow time for this before the event starts. The event link, ID and password will be in your Eventbrite registration confirmation email – click the red event button. Please check your junk folder! A reminder will be sent on the morning each session.
The events are best viewed on a PC or laptop. Please have the latest version of Zoom installed. You can download the software here: https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting
- Monday 25 January 2021
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm