- This event has passed.
“Who’s in Charge?”- Child/Adolescent to Parent Violence and Abuse – Thatcham
An 8 week course providing a therapeutic approach for West Berkshire Council parents/carers of children and young people with special needs (aged 8 – 16) who are violent or aggressive. This is for parent/carers who have attended previous training but are still having great difficulties.
- Provide a supportive environment to share experiences and ideas
- Reduce the guilt and shame which most parents feel
- Offer ideas to help you develop individual strategies for managing your child’s behaviour
- Explore ways of increasing safety and well-being
- Help parents feel more in control and less stressed
1) Introductions and “Who’s in Charge?” course outline
2) Influences and “Causes” of violent and abusive behaviours
3) Child: Controlling and Abusive Behaviours
4) Parent: Behaviour Management Options
5) Styles of Parenting
6) Child & Parent: Exploring the Concept of Anger
8) Self-care, Resilience and Maintenance
9) One session review after 3 months (date to be decided during the course)
Dates: All Wednesday mornings: 9.45am to 11.45am: 25th Sept, 2nd, 9th and 16th Oct, break, 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th Nov. Session 9 follow up date to be confirmed (expected Feb 2020).
Cost: £20 per person (West Berkshire Council residents).
This workshop will be lead by PSC specialist parenting practitioners Lyn Oualah and Denise Challis.
Please note that we cannot accommodate children at this event.
- Wednesday 25 September 2019
9:45 am - 11:45 am
Thatcham and Central Family Hub
Thatcham, Berkshire RG18 3PG United Kingdom + Google Map