Welcome to the Berkshire West Autism & ADHD Support Service
The service provides advice, workshops and courses for children and young people aged 5 to 25 who are autistic or have ADHD – or are waiting for assessment – and their families.
The service is a partnership between Autism Berkshire and Parenting Special Children, delivering services on behalf of the Berkshire West NHS Clinical Commissioning Group, which serves the Reading, Wokingham and West Berkshire council areas. Please note that you must be registered with a GP surgery that is part of the CCG to be supported by this service – click here for a list.
For parents and carers, support available includes:
- Home Visits – an in-depth one-to-one discussion online or face-to-face (coronavirus guidance permitting) with with parents and carers of children with an autism diagnosis or who are on the Berkshire CAMHS waiting list for an autism assessment.
- Autism advice workshops: Understanding Autism; Managing Anger; and Meeting Sensory Needs, from the National Autistic Society (NAS) Family Seminars programme. Autism Berkshire is a licensed NAS training provider.
- Teen Life, a NAS course for parents and carers of autistic children aged 10 to 16
- ADHD advice workshops: An Introduction to ADHD; Anxiety and ADHD; Managing ADHD Behaviours.
Additional workshops/webinars for parents and carers cover:
- Autism and Girls, with autism advocate Carly Jones MBE
- Emotional Regulation
- Food Refusal
- Sleep Difficulties
- Transitions to Adulthood
Support for autistic and ADHD children and young people includes:
- Tailored interventions, based on individual need, for children aged 5 to 7
- Social interaction skills groups for children and young people aged 8 to 16, to develop their confidence and emotional wellbeing.
- SocialEyes, a NAS course for 17 to 25-year-olds, looking at further social interaction skills and strategies to boost wellbeing and independence.
You can contact the service or request places at workshops and on courses at any time using our contact form, by email at contact@autismberkshire.