For Berkshire West:
Berkshire West Autism & ADHD Support Service
The service provides advice, workshops and courses for children and young people aged 5 to 25 who are autistic or have ADHD, or are waiting for assessment, and their families.
It is a partnership between Autism Berkshire and Parenting Special Children, delivering services on behalf of the Berkshire West NHS Clinical Commissioning Group, which serves the Reading, Wokingham and West Berkshire council areas. Please note that you must be registered with a Berkshire West NHS GP surgery to be supported by this service. You can check your GP surgery here: Berkshire West GP surgeries
This service also supports ADHD and/or Autistic children and young people with the following event:
- Social interaction skills group for children and young people aged 8 to 16, to develop their confidence and emotional wellbeing. This group is facilitated by PSC practitioners.
You can contact the service at any time using the Autism Berkshire contact form, by email at contact@autismberkshire.
For Berkshire East:
GEMS Autism and ADHD Support Service East Berkshire
GEMS is being delivered by Solutions 4 Health and is commissioned by NHS East Berkshire Clinical Commissioning Group and Bracknell Forest Council, which serves Bracknell Forest, Slough, Windsor, Ascot and Maidenhead. The events offer support not just for those who are diagnosed, but for those who may have Autism and/or ADHD and for the family. Please note that you must be registered with a Berkshire East NHS GP surgery to be supported by this service. You can check your GP surgery here: Berkshire East GP surgeries
This service also provides events for children and young people with ADHD and/or Autism. Please see the GEMS website.
Parenting Special Children also run the following workshops and courses for ADHD:
- ‘Time Out for ADHD’ – a 5 week intensive course which covers a number of different elements of supporting children with ADHD in more depth.
- Sleep Workshops – if children have sleep difficulties.
- Sensory Processing Workshops – sensory processing difficulties are often co-morbid with ADHD and Autism.
- Dual Diagnosis Workshops – for those caring for and working with children and young people with a Dual Diagnosis of ADHD and Autism.
- One-off workshops – for example ADHD and Medication.
- Workshops specifically for Practitioners – looking at a variety of topics relating to working with children and young people who have or are suspected of having ADHD.
The best way to make a referral to our ADHD Service is to use this online form or call our Helpline on 0118 9863532.
GP ADHD Training Programme
Parenting Special Children families were delighted to be part of the exciting work that Nottingham University did on a GP ADHD training programme which has recently been accredited by the Royal College of GPs. You can view the programme via this link.